[Nut-upsuser] Compiling on Solaris 8 sparc - configure errors

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 21:34:13 GMT 2022

Don't have a SPARC machine anymore, but it is regularly tested on illumos
(which is ages newer than Sol8)... wondering if I can get an x86 vm running
with it...

In the meanwhile, add some `-D` options to the launched program so it is
more verbose. Is that other NUT (upsd) listening not on localhost?

Are firewall permissions allowing the connection?

Does the built `upsc` client connect?

Certainly older NUT did work for me on the platform (both ARCHes).

For the nut-scanner there's a configure option (to disable). Wondering
what's with perl script - probably wants dependencies not
present/functional in that distro.

Jim