[Nut-upsuser] Compiling on Solaris 8 sparc - configure errors

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:23:50 GMT 2022

One thing that popped up in this quest was that Solaris 8 libc does not
take kindly to code similar to:

    printf("%s", NULL);

...which ends up dereferencing that NULL to check strlen() - and I suppose
can happen when debug messages are logged with little regard to arguments
(newer libc's are smarter about this).

Can you check if there are any core dump files lying around after your
experiments (especially those at higher verbosity), or dmesg lines about
such segfaults?

I posted https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/1737 to track the
problem, but it may need some effort to pepper the code with this
`NUT_STRARG()` macro or find some smarter solution. Best done and tested on
a platform that fails otherwise due to this ;P

Jim