[Nut-upsuser] Compiling on Solaris 8 sparc - configure errors

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:17:25 GMT 2022

Prospective fixes posted to https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/1738
- hoping the multi-platform CI would survive these changes elsewhere.
Probably a few follow-up fixes will land over time...

You can try to check out and build this branch :
https://github.com/jimklimov/nut/tree/sol8

Default build with `./ci_build.sh` autoconfigured and passed... Ok, not
*too* default - tweaks and general VM preparation referenced in
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/1736

Notably, self-checks which execute `upsd` and `dummy-ups`, and query them
with `upsc` (all within localhost) did pass.

Hope this helps,
Jim Klimov