[Nut-upsuser] NUT Client Not Working, Server OK

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Mon Feb 14 23:22:11 GMT 2022

On 2/14/22 17:48, Roger Price wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2022, William Cole via Nut-upsuser wrote:
>
>> Here;'s the result of running upsc 1:
>>
>> Init SSL without certificate database
>> Error: Unknown UPS

That is normal, I am pretty sure Roger made a typo in his mail when he
asked for this test

> I'm trying to find out if TCP/IP based communication is possible
> between your machines.  Can you ssh from one to another?

William, you could just try a "telnet 192.168.1.235
<https://alioth-lists.debian.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nut-upsuser>
3493" , as well as  "telnet 192.168.1.236
<https://alioth-lists.debian.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nut-upsuser>
3493" ( or whatever addresses the server is supposed to listen on ).

I bet both will fail. If I were to guess, either routing is incorrect or
- more probably - you have a firewall that blocks communication

What doess ss -antp|grep 3493 come back with ?

wolfy