[Nut-upsuser] NUT Client Not Working, Server OK

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed Feb 16 15:37:39 GMT 2022

I see you have

On 16.02.22 10:06, William Cole via Nut-upsuser wrote:
>I ran telnet on both machines:
>   First from the server [235] to the client [236]
>   Then from the client [236] to the server [235]
>
>The result in both cases:
>   Trying 192.168.1.xxx
>   telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused.

you don't need to connect from server to the client.

the server (connected to UPS or another server) runs upsd listening on port
(usually 3493) and clients connect to that port.

>BTW: I use PuTTY to connect from my Linux machine to both of the RPi's via
>SSH.  Since the UPS RPis are headless, I don't know enough about ssh from
>the command line to make that work between RPis.  [I did take a crack the
>manpage; I suppose I'd eventually figure it out but would take awhile.]
>
>It really is kind of you all to spend time helping to sort this out.  I'm
>just stumped.

if you do on the client:

upsc -l 192.168.1.235

it should list your available upses on it.

He who laughs last thinks slowest.