[Nut-upsuser] NUT Client Not Working, Server OK

William Cole bga.cole at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 20:01:55 GMT 2022

Thank you for your reply and help.

I admit to still learning how to use NUT.

My general NUT-use plan is as follows: the NUT server Pi controls a number
of network devices; router, VoIP, mesh pod, fiber connection, etc., but no
computers other than the Pi server.  It would shut down last.  The client
Pi controls two PCs and would shut down first after shutting down its
attached devices.  If this is not workable, please let me know.

I have made the change to the client's* ups.conf *adding the entry for
APCES750 [and keeping it on the server's* ups.conf*].  However, I am now
getting this message set when I run *sudo service nut-client status* on the
client:

*UPS [APCES750 at 192.168.101] connect failed: Connection failure: Network is
unreachable*
*Master privileges unavailable on UPS [APCES850 at 192.168.1.100
<APCES850 at 192.168.1.100>]*
*Response: [ERR ACCESS-DENIED]*
*UPS [ [APCES750 at 192.168.101] connect failed: Connection failure:Connection
refused*

* UPS [ [APCES750 at 192.168.101] connect failed: Connection
failure:Connection refused *

* UPS [ [APCES750 at 192.168.101] connect failed: Connection
failure:Connection refused *

* UPS [ [APCES750 at 192.168.101] connect failed: Connection
failure:Connection refused *

* UPS [ [APCES750 at 192.168.101] connect failed: Connection
failure:Connection refused *

Which looks like some kind of authentication problem.  Maybe.

Bill Cole

--
Fredericksburg, VA