[Nut-upsuser] Debian Bullseye Package

Brandon Wright skydive340 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 19:33:23 BST 2022

Thank you for the insight and link Charles. I was able to get my
configuration updated successfully now. Sadly one of the issues I was
running into does not seem to be resolved. To be fair I am not entirely
sure it is an issue with Nut however. I have a Tripplite UPS that is using
the usbhid driver. However it keeps flipping back and forth between on
battery and on line. The physical device never signals as being on battery,
and the status never changes to discharging. In the debug log from the
driver, I see that during the poll, it is randomly getting a value of 0 for
"UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.ACPresent" &
"UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.FullyCharged".

Changing the polling interval does not affect this. Another strange factor
is the PowerAlert software never shows an issue either with the UPS.

Brandon Wright

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 8:59 PM Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 31, 2022, at 10:57 AM, Brandon Wright via Nut-upsuser <
> nut-upsuser at alioth-lists.debian.net> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have my 2.7.4 server running, but wanting to update to the 2.8 version
> to make use of the many updates and hard work that has been done. Curious
> if there has been any updates or a timeframe for the Debian package to be
> distributed? I initially installed via the package, and if I try to
> manually update, it installs the files into a different directory
> which causes many issues and conflicts.
>

> We have instructions for building and installing on top of a Debian
> package here:
> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/wiki/Building-NUT-on-Debian,-Raspbian-and-Ubuntu
>
> I don't see any bugs here that might indicate the status of the packaging
> process for 2.8.0: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=nut
>
> If a package will be available soon I can just hold off until then.
> Otherwise, some suggestions or guidance on updating the packaged NUT with
> the source code pulled from Github would be very appreciated.
>

> Again thank you to this team for such an amazing job with this!
>
> --
> Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright