[Nut-upsuser] NOTIFYCMD only works with upsmon -D ( in debug mode )

Arno de Kok arno at amcire.nl
Tue Mar 1 21:01:50 GMT 2022

Hi,

I have installed NUT on a raspberry pi 3B+ ( version 9 Stretch ). Everything
seems to work but not upsmon.

The NOTIFYCMD only works when I run upsmon -D.

If I run upsmon normally then I get NOTIFY message's:

Broadcast message from nut at raspberrypi (somewhere) (Tue Mar  1 20:33:41
2022):

UPS servers at localhost on battery

But only with upsmon -D I also get the ouput from the user defined script (
the yellow part is from the user defined script in NOTIFYCMD )

Broadcast message from nut at raspberrypi (pts/0) (Tue Mar  1 20:34:43 2022):

UPS servers at localhost on battery

Python, UPS on battery

WARNING:root:Python UPS message!

I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Support is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Arno de Kok