[Nut-upsuser] ABNF for the NUT protocol

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Sun Mar 20 14:22:26 GMT 2022

The proposed RFC (known as an I-D) is now under review by the Independent
Submissions Editor.  One of his comments is:

    I think the entire document could benefit from a complete ABNF
    grammar.  Have a look at RFCs 5234 and 7405.

RFC5234 specifies a case insensitive ABNF (Augmented Bachus-Naur Form) for
US-ASCII.  RFC7405 adds case sensitivity.  No Unicode.

Do we need a complete ABNF grammar?  If so, does anyone have an example?

In the long term, will the NUT protocol remain case insensitive?

Roger