[Nut-upsuser] Behaviour of dummy-ups when port = file.xyz ?

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Tue May 10 16:04:32 BST 2022

Hi, sorry for missing this in my mailbox.

The short answer is that a port=file.xyz would now loop like before (which
was the only mode then).

Since 2.8.0 there are 3 modes in setting as well as reports in `upsc` etc.:
2 for explicit behavior (dummy-once as default for *.dev and dummy-loop as
default for *.seq) and one implicit "dummy" that goes for legacy default
and least surprise in general, so looping. But over eons this one might
change or not.

Jim