[Nut-upsuser] Shutdown variables

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Sun Nov 27 11:37:34 GMT 2022

Per https://networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s06.html
6.3, am I right in thinking, for my single server running NUT (in
standalone mode) with connected USB UPS:

- when battery.charge reaches battery.charge.low: ups.status triggers
to "LB" and upsmon sets an FSD in motion
- upsmon waits FINALDELAY 5 seconds, and calls my shutdown command
(which then in sequence does a clean shutdown of my VMs before calling
the 'real' shutdown command)
- my server then shuts down and powers off

Main question:

"ups.delay.shutdown" - at what point does this variable kick in? Is
ups.delay.shutdown the period in seconds after FSD that the UPS will
hard-shutdown, i.e. I need to ensure that my server can complete clean
shutdown in that duration?

And second question:

On a RedHat server as above, do I need to alter any system shutdown
script to pick up on the killpower POWERDOWNFLAG, or will the
ups.delay.shutdown just kick in at its expiry and turn it off anyway?

Thanks
Simon.

--
Simon Wilson