[Nut-upsuser] APC SmartUPS powercycles when power returns

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Tue Oct 11 15:04:45 BST 2022

On 10/11/22 15:48, Roger Price wrote:

>> ups.firmware: UPS 08.8 / ID=18
>> ups.mfr: American Power Conversion
>> ups.mfr.date: 2014/06/20
>
> How old is the battery?

~2.5 years.
The above date was probably not updated when it was changed.

Could a faulty battery pack produce this???
I mean, it keeps the systems up as long as line power stays off, can it
then fail when the power returns???

I've had several such UPSes and never saw this.
However, if someone has seen this behaviour I'll try changing the batteries.
I'd just hate to do this and discover the UPS is faulty, instead.

N.B. The UPS is NOT asking for a battery replacement.

> It's difficult to say more without knowing exactly where you are in the
> sequence of events and the timing as listed in

1. Wall power on
2. Wall power fails
3. ...
Not 4. (batter.low was never reached); goes directly to
14. Wall power returns.
XX. Attached computers reboot instantly!!!

  bye & Thanks
	av.