[Nut-upsuser] Redhat Enterprise Linux 8 binary package status

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 02:13:01 BST 2023

On Wed, Apr 5, 2023 at 7:46 PM Tim Dawson <tadawson at tpcsvc.com> wrote:

> Build it yourself! RPM is overrated, and almost always woefully behind
> current release!

Or, if you are like me and have systems engineers that rely on the output
of package managers and "rpm -qa" to see what is installed and/or
upgradable, it is usually fairly trivial to download the SRPM and modify
the SPEC file to the latest versions and create RPMs yourself.  For RHEL
and derivatives, you just need the rpm-build and rpmdevtools packages
installed.