[Nut-upsuser] Redhat Enterprise Linux 8 binary package status

Anthony Farrell anthony7 at farrell.net.nz
Thu Apr 6 10:31:16 BST 2023

On Thursday, 6 April 2023 7:30:37 PM NZST you wrote:

The problem I am having is the same as that reported on the list on November
29 2022. The upgrade from 2.7 to 2.8 prevents nut-server from connecting to
the UPS.

I tried the workarounds mentioned in the post without success, which is
apparently a result of a packaging error in the update RPM. There was a bug
reported to RedHat from the original post. Thats why I was waiting for the
next update 2.8.0-3 to 2.8.0-8.

If necessary I will compile a new RPM from source but because I thought the
binary was monitored and maintained I expected it to eventually be resolved.

Will have a look at it again tomorrow.