[Nut-upsuser] Enhanced driver troubleshooting

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Apr 24 18:12:00 BST 2023

gene heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> writes:

> Jim, would an upgrade to the install on my rpi4b running a medium
> sized 80+ yo lathe give me better control over a:
> device.mfr: CPS
> device.model: CP625HGa
> device.type: ups
> driver.name: usbhid-ups
> driver.parameter.offdelay: 120
> where that offdelay seems hard coded. The 625WA rating could run that
> pi for t least an hour, but it chops it off in 2 minutes.
> currently running 2.7.4 on raspios buster.

I think nut only works with lathes made after 1969 :-)

But seriously, a lot has been fixed/added since 2.7.4.

As I understand it, offdelay is about the time delta from telling the
ups to shut down until it kills power, so the OS can sync disks.  I have
a 90s UPS with a 10s delay and nut does not try to shut down until I get
a lowbattery indication, so I get 30 minutes of runtime with graceful
stop, vs maybe 40-something without nut to empty/hard-off.

Is your UPS shutting down without nut telling it to?