[Nut-upsuser] Question about Tripp-Lite UPS life span

Larry Fahnoe fahnoe at fahnoetech.com
Tue Feb 7 17:03:27 GMT 2023

Well the last rites have been performed for this little UPS.

I put the old batteries back in and no change, still dead. I did check the polarity of the new batteries and they were okay. The UPS gave me 25 years, now it's time to rest. I'm no electronics expert but I now have a better understanding of the likely failure (a cap or IBGT). Given the potentially serious consequences of a massive failure, better to respect the life-cycle of the components and replace it.

Thanks for the information and suggestions!!

--Larry