[Nut-upsuser] Issue with On Line Status (APC MGE Galaxy 5500 + AP9635CH)

mateuszx jasmati09 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:37:57 GMT 2023

Hello,

At my workplace I have exact UPS config as stated in the subject (APC MGE
Galaxy 5500 + AP9635CH).
I have it set up to work with snmp-ups NUT driver.
Despite many readings from *upsc* command I am not receiving "On Line
Status" (ups.status OL) nor "On Battery Status" (ups.status OB) and
therefore I can't get my systems to shutdown during a power outage event.
(device and ups) Serial Number seems to be missing too in both *upsc *AND Web
Interface of Network Management Card.
It can read battery charge just fine (it can even trigger Low Battery
Status!).
When I unplug the UPS from line power it does indeed log this event on the
Web Interface.

I've checked on NUT page if there would be some sort of compatibility
issues but I couldn't find my UPS or the NMC model number written anywhere.

Is anyone familiar with this kind of problem and/or could help me solve
this problem?

~Matthew