[Nut-upsuser] [Nut-upsdev] How verbose should NUT be by default?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Jan 9 23:17:55 GMT 2023

Roger Price <roger at rogerprice.org> writes:

(I'll politely decline to accept argument by analogy to humans doing
real-time safety-critical tasks.)

> It seems to me that logging « Network UPS Tools upsd 2.8.0.1
> listening on 127.0.0.1 port 3493 listening on ::1 port 3493 » is also
> essential for safe shutdown management.

I should be clear that I am not objecting to daemon startup *logging*
the startup.  I am objecting to it bring printed on stdout/stderr by a
daemon.  Putting the startup, that connectivity to other daemons has
been made, etc. in syslog seems totally fine.