[Nut-upsuser] Problem with Multiple USB UPSs, including multiple apparent CyberPower

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 12:02:52 GMT 2023

Actually in merged PRs of recent weeks there can be several suitable fixes:

1) support for common USB matching parameters in more drivers (though
usbhid-ups has long had it);

2) nut-scanner should provide more of these parameters in generated config
sections, in particular "device" port numbers;

3) for obscenely poor cases when devices can not be identified as unique,
new "allow_duplicates" flag was added, to not stop iterating if a first
"good match" is busy. Caveat emptor here!

In your case, I hope adding the device numbers (3 digits) to configs should
help. Also `-x` is for command-libe specification of such parameters. In
config file it is just key=value. For these matchers they are generally
regexes (not shell globs). Please do RTFM :)

Jim