[Nut-upsuser] Fopen upsmon.pid - no such file or directory - Nut 2.8.0 built from source

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 20:49:38 BST 2023

Looking at sources, it seems your logging tech (throttling?) ate half of
the message which is there since at least 2005:

                        upslogx(LOG_ERR, "Unable to use old-style MONITOR
line without a username");
                        upslogx(LOG_ERR, "Convert it and add a username to
upsd.users - see the documentation");

In your post, indeed both MONITOR lines are wrong:

    MONITOR ups at localhost 1 upsmonitor  ****m****  primery
    MONITOR heartbeat at localhost 0 heartbeat  ****m****

fix typo (primaAry) in the former, and explicitly add a "secondary" to the
latter, hope that does it.

Hope this helps,
Jim Klimov