[Nut-upsuser] Accessing: upsstats.cgi Error: no hosts to monitor (check hosts.conf)

Dan Grostick danpower2023 at outlook.com
Wed Jun 14 23:07:41 BST 2023

For some reason I’m no longer able to access the upsstats.cgi (http://192.168.123.49/cgi-bin/nut/upsstats.cgi)  I get the error: Error: no hosts to monitor (check hosts.conf)

When Apache starts is complains about not finding the fully qualified domain name.

In the past, upsstats.cgi would just load. I didn’t have to do any Apache2 configuration. I don’t know what has changed.

I’ve build NUT 2.8.0 from source, autogened, configured, make, make install, and it is running. Is there something I’m missing that isn’t getting updated when I do the make install?

Upsstats.cgi and the others are located in the cgi-bin/nut/ folder.

I can get to http://192.168.123.49/ and the Apache page loads.

Any suggestions?

Dan

./configure \
--prefix=/usr \
--includedir=/usr/include \
--mandir=/usr/share/man \
--infodir=/usr/share/info \
--sysconfdir=/etc/nut \
--libexecdir=/usr/lib/nut  \
--srcdir=. \
--disable-silent-rules \
--libdir=/usr/lib/`gcc -print-multiarch` \
--with-drvpath=/lib/nut \
--datadir=/usr/share/nut \
--with-udev-dir=/lib/udev \
--with-systemdsystemunitdir=/lib/systemd/system \
--with-user=root  \
--with-group=root \
--with-usb \
--with-cgi \
--with-cgipath=/usr/lib/cgi-bin/nut \
--with-drivers=usbhid-ups,dummy-ups \
--with-doc=man \
--with-serial=no \
--with-pkgconfig-dir=/usr/lib/'gcc -print-multiarch'/pkgconfig \
--with-nut_monitor