[Nut-upsuser] APC 1000 NUT stops responding

jack Bamford jack at violetdragonsnetwork.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 12:30:58 BST 2023

Good afternoon,

So been trying to figure out a problem i am encountering with NUT and
two APC 1000 UPS's that's connected via USB, First off it somewhat works
well kind of, Pull the power to either UPS and it's slow at responding
but finally detects it however the other problem is that after a few
days NUT just stops reporting that the Power has been off. Here is what
I've noticed it starts working again once i reboot but the Web Gui I've
configured is still updating, Pull Power no notifications via NUT but
the Web Gui show's that the UPS is on Battery.

So there are two problems I need to fix, Delay on detection which is
around 5 to 10 seconds before it detects that the UPS is on battery,

Second problem, when UPS's are on Battery it does not report it in
console neither sends a email but Web Gui detects that UPS's are on battery.

Anyone have any ideas? I have tried what was suggested to try pollonly
flag but doesn't make any difference. Both UPS's are plugged into a RPi
4 via USB3 Port, I have tried Ubuntu Server and Debian but problem still
happens

Regards

Jack

--