[Nut-upsuser] NUT support for the new Tripp Lite AVR700U (USB 3024) under OpenWrt?

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Mon May 8 17:19:45 BST 2023

For clarity, `upsd` is the networked data server for local or remote
clients like `upsmon` or `upsc`. It talks to locally running NUT driver(s)
which talk to actual devices with their media and protocols. It is the
driver (like `usbhid-ups`) that would be annoyed by hardware reconnections.
That said, I think there were some fixes to reconnection behavior, which
might have landed even after 2.8.0 release.

For a package rebuild, as a first step I'd suggest tracking down the source
recipe involved, and substitute new source there instead of the release
(tarball?) used originally. If needed, you can create a new tarball from
github master on any other system with `make dist`. I suppose you
cross-build the OpenWRT images on a capable system already?..

Jim