[Nut-upsuser] Synthesize low batt (LB) fron SNMP UPS which does not support this?

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Tue May 16 16:00:57 BST 2023

On Tue, 16 May 2023, Carsten Aulbert wrote:

> ...  I'm still struggling how to shut down servers fed by two independent UPS
> systems.

> * Keep nut unpatched but use our own NOTIFYCMD or CMDSCRIPT to pull the values
> from the server and implement our logic there?

Hello Carsten, That's what I did but for a much simpler setup. I live in an area
with a lot of lightning, and my shutdown criteria is to be able to shut down
repeatedly during an electrical storm.  The NOTIFY and CMDSCRIPT and the
upssched-cmd logic are written up in detail in chapter 7 of
https://rogerprice.org/NUT/ConfigExamples.A5.pdf .

Chapter 8 contains a detailed description of a hypothetical installation fed by
multiple UPSs.

Roger