[Nut-upsuser] got nut 2.8.1 but despite reinstall, shows 2.7.4

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue May 23 00:44:51 BST 2023

On 5/22/23 18:35, Jim Klimov wrote:
> I think you have just the libraries - also you'd need a *-dev package for
> headers. The docs/config-prereqs.txt has the dependencies in more detail.
>
> In quick practice, --with-all=auto can help better if you don't monitor a
> netxml device ;)
>
> HTH Jim
>

> On Mon, May 22, 2023, 15:24 gene heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
>
>> On 5/22/23 03:10, gene heskett wrote:
>>> Which file in the nut I pulled a month ago, should I start with to get
>>> the new version actually running? I still get - -V=2.7.4
>>
>> The UPGRADING file tsalks about a 2.8.1, but I have started with the
>> autogen 3 times in the usual sequence, winding up with 2.7.4 twice, and
>> while the third time is supposed yo be a charm, now it won't run at all.
>>
>> pi at rpi4:/etc/nut $ sudo /etc/init.d/nut-server restart
>> [ ok ] Restarting nut-server (via systemctl): nut-server.service.
>> You have new mail in /var/mail/pi
>> pi at rpi4:/etc/nut $ sudo /etc/init.d/nut-server status
>> ● nut-server.service - Network UPS Tools - power devices information server
>>      Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nut-server.service; enabled;
>> vendor preset: enabled)
>>      Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2023-05-22 08:41:00
>> EDT; 4s ago
>>     Process: 12060 ExecStartPre=/bin/systemd-tmpfiles --create
>> /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/nut-common-tmpfiles.conf (code=exited,
>> status=0/SUCCESS)
>>     Process: 12061 ExecStart=/usr/local/ups/sbin/upsd -F (code=exited,
>> status=1/FAILURE)
>>    Main PID: 12061 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
>>
>> 4th try, starting from make distclean, then autogen.sh, ./configure
>> --with-all, got this exit:
>> checking whether to build USB drivers... yes (libusb-1.0)
>> configure: error: neon libraries not found, required for neon based
>> XML/HTTP driver
>>
>> there are three neon related packages installed.
>> libdav1d3
>> libjpeg62-turbo
>> libneon27-gnutls
>>
>> This on an rpi4b running armhf, buster.
>> next?

Just playing basically, as I can see it no longer gets launched from
/e/i/those 2 scripts, which I should nuke, along with /etc/nut &
nut-bak, so I just did a

git pull && make distclean && ./autogen.sh && ./configure -with-all=auto
&& make

just to see if that pi can do it. If it doesn't puke somewhere, I'll be
back for more advice on this systemd startup.  The ups is a cyberpower
650 about 5 years old, still on oem battery. 9% load, 6 or 7 seconds
till standby puts out. I ran nut-2.7.4 basically for its --wall logging.

Thanks Jim.  Take care & stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
  - Louis D. Brandeis