[Nut-upsuser] Synthesize low batt (LB) fron SNMP UPS which does not support this?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri May 26 13:39:55 BST 2023

Willcox David via Nut-upsuser <nut-upsuser at alioth-lists.debian.net>
writes:

> Hmm, looking at status_commit(), if the UPS actually reported just
> “OB", but the “ignorelb” logic kicked in, wouldn’t status_commit()
> change it to “OB LB”? And would clients interpret that correctly?

Yes, if status_commit is called.

But what happens is:

  power is on, battery is at 100%, no flags

  power fails.  Device changes to OB.  battery voltage starts dropping

  time passes, say 20 minutes to 50% battery.   every polling interval
  (2s perhaps), the battery voltage, line voltage (0), output voltage,
  etc are reported.  But the driver does not try to change flags.

However, I suspect the driver reads flags every time and sets them.

The dummy UPS may get this wrong.

> And, assuming status_commit() is called, is the status so saved what’s returned on a future client query?

Yes, that's my understanding

https://networkupstools.org/
https://networkupstools.org/documentation.html
https://networkupstools.org/docs/developer-guide.chunked/index.html