[Nut-upsuser] unable to connect to APC UPS Connection Refused

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Sun May 28 12:43:51 BST 2023

Hello Dan, If I were faced with this problem, I would replace your current NUT
configuration with a well understood "classic" involving MODE=standalone and
upssched.  I would not specify RUN_AS_USER root in upsmon.conf, and I would
use the built-in techniques for not running as root.

If this "classic" configuration works, then piece by piece migrate to your
configuration.

Why do you need MODE=netserver and RUN_AS_USER root?

Roger