Not all messages synchronized

Antti Kaihola akaihola at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 16:04:53 GMT 2010

Nice to see activity after John's "retirement"!

I have an awkward issue: not all messages from my IMAP server are
copied to my laptop. I'm using Dovecot 1.0 on the server and can see
the files sitting in my maildir with a ":2," suffix. The messages are
also visible with other IMAP clients (Evolution in my case). I've set
maxsize to 20000000 and maxage to 30, and the missing messages are
small and just three days old. I also tried removing the
dovecot.index* files and restarting Dovecot, but it didn't help.

Does anyone have tips for debugging this? Can I get per-message debug
output or a dump of the IMAP conversation from OfflineIMAP, or should
I just use Wireshark?

I tried the current HEADs of both jgoerzen's and nicolas33's
repositories with similar results.

Cheers,

Antti