current repository

Thu Dec 2 10:43:55 GMT 2010

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 01:01:42 -0500, Tim Gray wrote:
> So there's been a lot of activity on the list about patches and maintenance.
> Finally. :)

Well, Nicolas volunteered to take over maintainership, so I'd say his
git repository at https://github.com/nicolas33/offlineimap can be
considered the new upstream. He has not set up wiki, or bug tracking
facilities.

Personally, I would prefer to keep a bug tracker in addition to
discussion through this list to keep a record of things. I would also
prefer to have a real "project website" rather than a plain github page
that serves as hub, collecting all information and links. I'd be willing
to host that site if nobody else does.

The noise came mostly from me as I plughed through the code :). I'd love
to continue development, but that hinges on a) me creating a test suite
and b) Nicolas pulling patches :).

> I am familiar with Python (I use it for data analysis), but I can't say I've
> ever poked around a project like offlineimap, so while I can understand
> what's going on in the code, I'm not necessarily comfortable with developing
> a program this complex.  But maybe I'll get there one day if I can
> participate with the testing side of things.

Would be nice, I am just trying to understand the intricacies of
offlineimap and while the code is quite clean, it's not always that easy
to understand what happens where for what reasons.

HTH