Changing default database [WAS: syncing custom IMAP flags]

Sebastian Spaeth Sebastian at sspaeth.de
Sat Dec 4 21:55:46 GMT 2010

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 15:22:57 -0500, Leif Walsh <leif.walsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a data point, I would be extremely displeased if the only option was a
> database. Call me old fashioned, but I like plain text a lot. Does anyone
> have benchmarks showing how much faster this is?

We currently write out the complete LocalStatus on each changes, eg on
each new received message. On big folders that can be a 3MB write for
each received mail when syncing. Personally, my mail folders aren't that
big, but I know of quite some people, whose Maildirs are enormous. And
they switched from OfflineImap away because of this.