Assertion error?

Josh Holland jrh at joshh.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 17:09:29 GMT 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 11:03:59AM -0600, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:05:38 +0000, Josh Holland <jrh at joshh.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Except, at least on my server, the antispam plugin is not loaded and it
> > is not the spam folder that offlineimap is erroring on. Still, I suppose
> > this is by-the-by, if it's a server-side problem and not offlineimap's
> > fault beyond the error handling.
>
> Yep, these are 2 different issues, it seems. You are both failing in .append(). It
> is clear now why he fails, the Spam plugin actively prevents it. In your
> case it seems it can't cope with the local message that you have.
>
> Which would need more digging that I can currently afford. Sorry.
>
> In any case, we should output more useful error message than just
> "AssertionError".

Certainly now I have removed about half a dozen problematic emails from
the local Maildir, I no longer get an assertion error. However, it now
just hangs for as long as I have tested it for (a few hours).

It's not a showstopper, and folderfilter is currently doing a sterling
job at working around it.

--
Josh Holland <jrh at joshh.co.uk>