maxage only works for flags?

Ron ronr at linuxdude.com
Mon Nov 15 00:57:55 GMT 2010

I've used imapsync with --maxage 2 before and it does exactly as expected. With
offlineimap, all messages are downloaded in spite of maxage being set to 2 days.
I have tons of email in several mailboxes I don't want to download.

I did notice that if I used rsync first to get all messages, maxage seemed to
prevent flags from getting changed on messages older than maxage.

What am I doing wrong.

Also, is offlineimap only designed to be run from the local side? I tried
running it from the remote side but couldn't get it to work no matter how I
changed .offlineimaprc around.

Thanks

Ron