Using OfflineIMAP with Exchange when folders have a foward slash in the name

Amul Shah amul at amulz.com
Mon Nov 29 03:35:52 GMT 2010

All,
I'm using offlineimap to archive several gigs of old email from an Exchange server.  It has worked quite well, but I have run into one snag.  If the folder on Exchange includes a forward slash, aka '/' the normal path separator, then offlineimap chokes on downloading the directory's contents.

I tried using the nametrans option to convert slash characters to underscores, but that didn't improve offlineimap's ability to read the directories that included a forward slash in the directory name.  Is there another option like nametrans that I can use or where should I go look in the code to scratch my own itch?

thanks,
Amul