Using OfflineIMAP with Exchange when folders have a foward slash in the name

Mon Nov 29 16:14:43 GMT 2010

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 22:35:52 -0500, "Amul Shah" <amul at amulz.com> wrote:
> I'm using offlineimap to archive several gigs of old email from an Exchange server.  It has worked quite well, but I have run into one snag.  If the folder on Exchange includes a forward slash, aka '/' the normal path separator, then offlineimap chokes on downloading the directory's contents.

Is that even remotely allowed according to any spec? 8-)

Maybe you can provide some logs (with -d imap, make sure you scrub
passwords and usernames) to help debug this?

Digging in the code would of course always be appreciated :).