Updated SQLite LocalStatus patch (CAUTION)

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Sun Nov 21 15:37:24 GMT 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 09:58:03PM -0500, Rob Browning wrote:

> This patch is intended to switch offlineimap to use an SQLite db for the
> LocalStatus information.  Among other things, that prevents offlineimap
> from rewriting the entire status file for every delivery.  For some
> directories here, the rewrite causes 3MB of IO for each message.

I found the feature interesting enough to merge the patch to the pu
(proposed updates) branch. This will help to keep tracking on series of
this topic. I didn't review the patch.

Came to my mind :
- don't force to use sqlite, make it an option instead
- have measures on times and space changes

Also please, send inlined patch. It's much better than attached for the
review purpose.

Thanks,