X-OfflineIMAP header

Johannes Stezenbach js at sig21.net
Mon Oct 4 16:04:45 BST 2010

Hi John,

I looked through the mailing list archive and git history
but didn't find an answer to the question:

Q: Why is it
   ?

One of the mail servers I have to use is Exchange
(Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 IMAP4rev1 server version 6.5.7638.1),
and I'm concerned about the issue which used to be described in
http://software.complete.org/software/issues/show/114
(via
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.offlineimap.general/1699/match=x+offlineimap
BTW, where did the issue tracker go?
)

Would you accept a patch to change the X-OfflineIMAP header format
or was there an issue with some IMAP servers which required
the current X-OfflineIMAP header format?

However, in the -d imap debug log I found that the APPEND command returns
the new UID value, so the X-OfflineIMAP header isn't actually used
(UID SEARCH is never executed), thus I can't really test it...

Best Regards
Johannes