"Stalls" in v6.3.3 - memory leak?

Nick Kirsch nick at kirsch.org
Tue Apr 26 05:48:49 BST 2011

I'm running offlineimap v6.3.3 and it appears to stall (which looks like malloc issues). I'm syncing from Exchange IMAP to a Dovecot IMAP server and I've noticed that the memory usage spikes to over 370 MB resident and over 540 MB virtual. I need to repeatedly kill python and restart it in order to make it through my mailbox set.

This does not occur with the stock offlineimap included with the distribution (6.2.0)

This is with Python 2.6.4 on Ubuntu 10.

Any suggestions? Any thing you'd like me to try?

Thanks.

Nick