Please help crash: null byte in argument for long()

chris coleman christocoleman at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 00:20:33 BST 2011

Sebastian, Good plan, an indexed array of tables (index is mail account
number).. table columns are: RemoteUID, LocalUID, Flags.

________________________________
From: Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de>
To: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net>
Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net>; chris coleman
<christocoleman at yahoo.com>
Sent: Thu, April 7, 2011 7:06:55 PM
Subject: Re: Please help crash: null byte in argument for long()

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 20:40:38 +0200, Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net>
wrote:
>   --fetch-uid UID [--output-file FILENAME]

Sounds useful for debugging. How would you specify the server/folder?

> > This database also looks like a good candidate for sqlite'ification.
>
> Yes, but it would be even better to improve internal data representation
> everywhere it's possible. :-)

Yep. It e.g. doesn't make sense to have 2 databases in the MappedUID
case (be they plain text or sqlite) as we have now:

One storing Remote UID and flags, and one storing a mapping between
Remote UID and Local UID. It could all easily fit into one
database. It's just a migration issue.

And yes, we should protect and warn when we find corrupt data...