Please help crash: null byte in argument for long()

Grigory Batalov gbatalov at crystals.ru
Fri Apr 8 13:32:44 BST 2011

On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 14:00:37 +0200
Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de> wrote:

> > As far as I know SQLite itself doesn't handle ECC, but it does go to
> > some lengths to protect your data: http://www.sqlite.org/atomiccommit.html.
> >
> > Of course it's still not going to protect you against a bad hardware,
> > inopportune power failure, etc.
>
> Right, but our plain text dbs get written to temporary files
> first and then moved over to their final place too, so that kind of
> corruption shouldn't happen either (without hardware failure). But it
> obviously did...

Actually, I had sqlite database corruptions as well when I supported a Trac
projects site. (The Trac is also written on python.)
And repairing it was much harder then plain text files, usually I just
restored the database from backup.

I don't argue, just want to state that moving to sqlite could have downsides. :)