unexpected keyword argument 'timeout'

Ethan Glasser-Camp glasse at cs.rpi.edu
Tue Apr 12 12:01:26 BST 2011

On 04/11/2011 05:23 PM, dtk wrote:
> doesn't work, since the tunnel command is only known in the
> constructor, but not
Yeah, ouch.  Your patch was right.

> but with that modification, the first call in the last try block in the
> constructor of IMAP4 that seems to fetch the IMAP server's greeting doesn't
> return.

OK, I bit the bullet and set up a tunnel configuration on my machine.
The good news is that I found the problem -- by default the input/output
pipes on the tunnel are blocking on reads.  The fix is a little hacky.
Please see attached.

I have no idea whether this will work with compression enabled.

This seems to work for me; with your blessing, I'll munge all these
patches into one commit and try to get them merged.

Ethan