ERROR in syncfolder for (username) folder INBOX : null byte in argument for long()

Wed Apr 27 08:42:02 BST 2011

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 12:05:27 -0700 (PDT), chris coleman <christocoleman at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Offlineimap has been working fine since I repaired the most recent error in the
> data files about a week ago (thanks to your help locating the bad data in the ).

Thanks for the debug log, this really helps. Your error now doesn't look
like data corruption to me. Somewhere it fails to interprete an IMAP
response correctly trying to convert a 'null byte' to a "long()" number,
presumably a email UID.

You could try to blow the UIDVALIDITY file away (or move it out of the
way) for testing, it will just be recreated.

Unfortunately, the error reporting in 6.2. is so rough that I cannot
even see in which line it fails, so I would suggest you try a newer
version of offlineimap. The configuration/status files are compatible,
and it might give you better output.

Sorry for not having better information there