Locally created mailboxes not synchronized to IMAP

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 15 13:12:46 UTC 2011

On 08/04/2011 08:10 PM, Vladimir Marek wrote:
>>> I found that if I create local mailbox, it is not replicated on IMAP.
>>> Other direction works fine. I was playing with it yesterday afternoon
>>> and I finally made it working. But it's not completely trivial fix, so
>>> as usual I might have overlooked something.
>>
>> That's great -- it works for me!
>>
>> I'm just trying out offlineimap for the first time, and was
>> disappointed that it doesn't create new remote folders -- this fix
>> does what I need.
>
> I'm glad it works, use with care please :)

I'm using it with care, and it nearly works.

One problem (which you may have fixed by now) is that if I've deleted
the local metadata for a folder, and the folder still exists at the
remote end, offlineimap tries to create a remote folder than already exists:

Creating folder Sent
WARNING: ERROR Attempting to create folder Sent:Traceback (most recent
call last):
   File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/offlineimap/repository/Base.py",
line 149, in syncfoldersto_internal
     where.makefolder(key.replace("/", where.getsep()))
   File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/offlineimap/repository/IMAP.py",
line 333, in makefolder
     raise RuntimeError, "Repository %s could not create folder %s: %s"
% (self.getname(), foldername, str(result))
RuntimeError: Repository RemoteIMAP1and1 could not create folder Sent:
('NO', ['[ALREADYEXISTS] folder already exists'])

Have you improved on your remote-folder-creation patch since the one you
posted on 1 August?

regards

Chris

Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com