Locally created mailboxes not synchronized to IMAP

Vladimir Marek Vladimir.Marek at Oracle.COM
Tue Aug 9 23:21:42 BST 2011

> > Suppose we have two namentrans functions (nomral and reverse). For each
> > folder we can check that they give 1:1 mapping. Just pass any folder
> > name to be created or deleted through normal and the result through
> > reverse (or vice versa for the other direction) and see if we get the
> > same result. If not, don't do anything destructive and tell user to fix
>
> Or, instead of requiring a reverse mapping, just generate it dynamically
> from the nametrans mapping: every time nametrans is called, store the
> original and mapped name in a data structure.  (A list of tuples, or
> a dict keyed by the mapped name.)  Assuming people don't have
> a six-digit number of folders this should be reasonable...

That won't work for folders created locally which are about to be synced
to remote side, which I would like to see implemented. Until then, that
would be a nice check indeed.

--
	Vlad