Backup Strategy for OfflineIMAP

Tim Gray lists+offimap at protozoic.com
Wed Aug 17 15:40:22 BST 2011

On Aug 17, 2011 at 02:33 PM +0200, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
>Right, that is smart. I would probably use something similar. We should
>collect such use cases and document them somehow, as the topic seems to
>pop up quite frequently.

I should add that I have a goofy maildir setup.  I don't know the proper
terminology for it, but my mail folders are physical folders on my
hard drive.  They are not denoted by periods in the file name.  So for
example I have a folder stored at `~/mail/local/lists/offlineimap`.  I
don't think this really affects the offlineimap side of things because I
don't have any nested folders in my IMAP account.  I just set the local
repository location to `localfolders=~/mail/imap`.

>May I use your description for something on our web page?

Sure thing.