inbox label not removed when saving to a gmail folder

Thu Dec 1 10:04:01 GMT 2011

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:17:42 +0100, Hans <hans at shapeways.com> wrote:
> When I save a mail from the inbox in a folder and run offlineimap then
> the mail gains the label of the folder, but the original inbox label is
> not removed. This means that on a second offlineimap run the mail
> 'appears' again in the inbox in Maildir. Quite confusing :)
> I cannot find this issue in the docs or in the faq hence this email.
>
> How to remove the inbox label when saving to another folder ?

Gmail is a weird thing and other are better qualified to comment on
that. If you save a message to a different folder, it merely adds that
"tag" to the message, so a mail in gmail happily exists in multiple
folders at the same time...

So you'll probably have to delete a message from the INBOX when saving
it to a folder, ie "move" it, not "copy" it.

Hard to say anything without further information about your setup and
workflow.