ANNOUNCE bugfix release offlineimap v6.4.2

Thu Dec 1 16:33:38 GMT 2011

OfflineIMAP v6.4.2 (2011-12-01)
===============================

OfflineImap is your python-based IMAP/Maildir synchronization tool of
choice since 2002. (see http://offlineimap.org)

6.4.2 is a bugfix release that fixes two flaws that regressed in
or since 6.4.0, and an upgrade is recommended if you are on 6.4.0.

Get the source
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
As interim deputy maintainer, the code is currently hosted on my github
repo.

Grab the official tarball from

http://offlineimap.org/downloads/offlineimap-v6.4.2.tar.gz
the gpg signature of that file is at
http://offlineimap.org/downloads/offlineimap-v6.4.2.tar.gz.sig

Alternatively grab:
https://github.com/spaetz/offlineimap/tarball/v6.4.2
or fetch tag "v6.4.2" from git://github.com/spaetz/offlineimap.git

The latest release (plus eventual hotfixes) can also always be found in
the 'master' branch.

Changelog since 6.4.1

* IMAP<->IMAP sync with a readonly local IMAP repository failed with a
  rather mysterious "TypeError: expected a character buffer object"
  error. Fix this my retrieving the list of folders early enough even
  for readonly repositories.

* Fix regression from 6.4.0. When using local Maildirs with "/" as a
  folder separator, all folder names would get a trailing slash
  appended, which is plain wrong.