[ANNOUNCE] OfflineIMAP v6.3.2-rc3 released

Ivan Semin ivun at wirebyte.com
Tue Feb 8 18:11:04 GMT 2011

Hello!

> Yep, that very much does sound like a limit to the message size. What is
> the local IMAP server?
The remote is gmail, the local is dovecot IMAP.

> I am not sure how well we are protecting against these message limit
> failures, but we probably should be more robust here too.

The largest message I can see in the syncronized mailbox is 19MB. By
switching the accounts I have found which account and folder is
causing the problem. I have found out what has happened:
We have a number of gmail mailboxes, all copied to the local IMAP
server. Our customer support worker has them all configured in their
email client. What they do is drag a message from one account to
another (one inbox to another inbox). Effectively, a new email appears
in INBOX (local dovecot server!), which offlineimap tries to copy back
to gmail. The email is about 32MB in size. This is where gmail fails I
think.