[ANNOUNCE] OfflineIMAP v6.3.2-rc3 released

Ivan Semin ivun at wirebyte.com
Tue Feb 8 18:49:49 GMT 2011

Now what's happening next. I have deleted the faulty email from local
INBOX. That didn't help because that moved the message to Trash. The
sync failed with the same error in Trash. Then I have removed the
message file from the dovecot maildir manually. Now that failed
because the message was also in Sent Items in gmail :) Lesson: it
fails both ways.
Now I think I have removed all occurences of that message and now I am
getting the error:

Folder sync Data[Trash]:
 Copy message -1 MappedIMAP[Trash] -> LocalStatus[Trash]
 WARNING: ERROR in syncfolder for Data folder Trash: global name
'UIBase' is not defined
MainThread:
 Thread 'New msg sync from Trash' terminated with exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/threadutil.py",
line 158, in run
    Thread.run(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 484, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/Base.py",
line 211, in syncmessagesto_neguid_msg
    message = self.getmessage(uid)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/UIDMaps.py",
line 131, in getmessage
    return self._mb.getmessage(self, self.r2l[uid])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/IMAP.py",
line 219, in getmessage
    return initialresult[1][0][1].replace("\r\n", "\n")
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

Last 1 debug messages logged for New msg sync from Trash prior to exception:
imap: Returned object from fetching 18: ('OK', [None])

I probably caused this bug myself by deleting the message file, but
anyway - offlineimap is far from being stable. I have about 7 accounts
and want them to be always syncronized. IMO the errors should be
logged, but the sync should continue. It's not acceptable when a
single faulty message breaks the whole sync.