Git release notes

Ethan Schoonover es at ethanschoonover.com
Thu Jan 13 19:44:45 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 06:38, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 14:57:30 +0100, Philipp Haselwarter <philipp.haselwarter at gmx.de> wrote:
>> as for SSL: right now I'm getting a
>> Establishing connection to my.srv:993.
>> WARNING: Error occured attempting to sync account offlineimap_gmx: SSL
>> Certificate host name mismatch: no certificate received
>> Next sync in 2:00
>> When I connect with % openssl s_client -connect my.srv:993 I definitely
>> see a certificate getting issues at the beginning :\

Sebastian, Philipp this may not be useful data, but I receive the "no
certificate received" error as well if my sslcacertfile value is
either not set properly or completely unset. So even if sslcacertfile
is set, if it's not reading the right cacerts, you will get a "no
certificate received" error, in my tests.

I was also caught out by this error on OSX until I created a dummy
cacert (as per the guidance on the Mercurial CACerts page at
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/CACertificates ) and pointed to
that. The upside of this technique is that I can use the same dotfile
on my linux of osx boxes by simply keeping the dummy cert at the same
location on both.