Two accounts, one maildir.

Philippe LeCavalier support at plecavalier.com
Sat Jan 8 03:27:33 GMT 2011

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 00:38 +0100, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 17:32:15 +0100, "Vek, Marvin" wrote:
> > Sounds like a no so far to the initial question.
>
> Yep, at least for 2 IMAP accounts to the same Maildir doesn't look
> possible. And might always be impossible, unless we do some UID
> mapping. If I understood correctly. You can sync directly from one IMAP
> to another IMAP though, and sync from that IMAP to a local Maildir....
>
> Sebastian

Very helpful thread. I've been hitting my head on a brick wall trying
 to get this to work...This makes it clear it can't. In my case I was
 actually merging 3 IMAP accounts into 1 maildir. It kinda felt like it
 was working initially but the more I sync'd the worst the outcome.

...So for me its: IMAP<---->IMAP<---->IMAP

                                        IMAP

                                       Maildir

My head should hurt a little less now.